My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Someday Mom

As a girl I had a common dream, to be a mom someday.
My baby would have eyes of blue and hair the hue of hay.
But now my dreams have been transformed. New visions fill my head.
Now the tresses that I long to stroke are raven black instead.

And in my dreams those eyes are not so big or blue or round.
Now in my dreams they're almond shape and colored cocoa brown.
And in my dream my arms can stretch across enormous seas.
They reach half-way around the world and hold you close to me.

As you grow in your mother's womb, carefully knit together,
Your also growing in my heart, where you will stay forever.
And in my dreams the moment that your mother says good-bye,
I'll be right there to comfort you and hold you as you cry.

Our features may not look alike; we're different as can be.
But still I know the father has created you for me.
And though I've not yet seen your face, or held your tiny hands,
And though we're half a world apart in very different lands.

I'll be right there to get you just as soon as God allows.
But til he says the time is right I give to you this vow.
I'll pray for your protection every night on bended knee
for God will hold you in his arms, until you're home with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home