My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, March 24, 2007

THE PREGNANT WAIT

An Ultrasound,
Or Referral.
Our first peek at,
Our boy or girl.
Some are Pregnant,
We're Adopting.
What's the Diff'rence.
Really Nothing.

Some come by Stork,
Some come by Plane,
When they arrive,
It's all the same.
Our boys and girls,
Despite the path,
Still need our love,
Our hugs and laughs.

We dream daily,
How she's doing,
What she looks like,
How she's feeling.
Is She Healthy,
And do they care,
Is she happy,
Or is she scared.

Do they hold her,
Rock her to sleep,
Do they give her,
Enough to eat.
I vent my fears,
Four words per line,
I let them out,
With words that rhyme.

We read the books,
On Week-by-Week,
On how she grows,
And best car seats.
I watch the clock,
And Calendar too.
Trying to guess,
When she is due.

Not for the day,
When she arrives,
But for the day,
She joins our lives.
Because one day,
Out of the blue,
Our girl is born,
Somehow we knew.

We are pregnant,
In our own way,
All celebrate,"Forever Day".
Despite my fears,
I must have faith,
Warm and healthy,
I know she's safe.

How do I wait?
I've asked before,
The Pregnant wait,
I'll wait some more.


Tom McCrossin(C) September 28, 2002

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home